Austin Employment Frequently Asked Questions
Employment law can be confusing, making many employees unaware of the exact rights and protections they are entitled to. As such, when a worker believes he or she has been the victim of mistreatment at the hands of their employer, it is common to have questions about their rights and options from a legal perspective. At The Melton Law Firm, we understand how important it is to get the answers you need to these questions in a timely manner. That’s why we’ve created the following collection of frequently asked questions and provided relevant answers.
Though we strive to provide a comprehensive resource for questions we expect people facing employment law issues to have, you may not find the answer you need here or may prefer to discuss your situation with a member of our team directly. In these situations, feel free to call us at (512) 330-0017.
- Am I obligated to sign a non-compete agreement with my new employer?
- Are all forms of employment discrimination against the law?
- Are there guidelines for how employers may engage in the hiring process?
- As an individual living with a disability, can an employer deny me employment based on my disability?
- Can sexual harassment create a hostile work environment?
- How can I prove that my employer engaged in discrimination?
- How long will my case take?
- How much compensation can I expect?
- I have been discriminated against at my job after acting as a whistleblower, what can I do?
- I was offered a severance package after being fired from my job, should I accept it?
- Is it considered sexual harassment if the actions of my co-workers make me uncomfortable?
- Is my employer obligated to observe legal holidays?
- What aspects of employment does the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) dictate?
- What forms of employer discrimination do you cover?
- What is “at-will” employment?
- What is a hostile work environment?
- What is a reasonable accommodation?
- What is quid pro quo sexual harassment?
- What is the Age Discrimination in Employment Act?
- What should I do if I am being discriminated against at my work?
- When must my employer pay me overtime wages?